Resident in Diagnostic Radiology/Interventional Neuroradiology training program
Policlinico Umberto I, “Sapienza” University of Rome, Rome, Italy
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
European Course in Minimally Invasive Neurological Therapy (ECMINT)
ECMINT 1.3 - Stroke - December 14/18, 2015
ECMINT 1.4 - Endovascular treatment of Arterovenous Malformations and Fistulas - June 21/25, 2016
ECMINT is a 2 year program for trainees in interventional neuroradiology and endovascular neurosurgery. The Course is comprehensive with a curriculum compliant with the requirements of the UEMS specialist section. It teaches trainees all components needed to practice the subspecialty.
U.O.S. Neuroradiologia Interventistica, Department of Neurology and Psychiatry
"Sapienza" Università di Roma - Policlinico Umberto I, Rome (Italy)
Prof. Giulio Guidetti and Dr. Simone Peschillo
Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program "Sapienza" Università di Roma - Policlinico Umberto I, Rome (Italy)
Postgraduate school expected on 2018
Faculty: Medicine and Odontology Department of Scienze Radiologiche, Oncologiche e Anatomo Patologiche, Policlinico Umberto I
Name of the course of study: Diagnostic Radiology
European Union program (Programma LLP-Erasmus), Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
Duration: 10 months
Doctor of Medicine (MD), 110 cum laude and honour mention
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II" - AOU Federico II, Naples (Italy), Department of Medicina Clinica e Chirurgia LM-41 - 2nd level degree in Medicine and surgery.
Name of the course of study: Medicine and Surgery.
Age at graduation: 24
Dissertation/thesis title: The endoscopic endonasal approach in the treatment of craniopharyngiomas.
Resident in Diagnostic Radiology, Interventional Neuroradiology Training Program.
Policlinico Umberto I, Rome (Italy)
October 2011–July 2012
Department of Neurosurgery (chief Prof. Alfredo García Allut), Hospital Clínico Universitario de Santiago de Compostela.
Courses and Conferences
2013 - 14th International Workshop. Perspectives in Skull Base Surgery. Microscopic and Endoscopic hands-on course. , Università degli studi di Napoli Federico II , Università degli studi di Napoli Federico II Curatorship: Prof. Paolo Cappabianca
September 2015 - Neuroendovascular procedures using a simulator - 15th Interim Meeting of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS) - September 7, 2015
14-15/09/2015 - Treatment of AVM with prof. A. Casasco, Hospital Le Scotte, Siena, Italy
16-18/09/2015 - 28° Congresso Nazionale AINR - Naples
17-20/09/2015 - 38th ESNR Annual Meeting - 22nd Advanced Course in Interventional Neuroradiology - 6th Advanced Course in Interventional Neuroradiology
November 2015 - First Bellaria Neurovascular Conference - New concepts in cerebrovascular diseases - Bologna, Hosp. Bellaria, Bologna, November 26/28, 2015
December 2015 - European Course in Minimally Invasive Therapy (ECMINT) 1.3 - Stroke - St Anne's College, Oxford, December 14-18, 2015
February 2016 - "Stroke: time is...now" - "SS. Annunziata" Hospital, Taranto, February 17-19, 2016
June 2016 - European Course in Minimally Invasive Therapy (ECMINT) 1.4 - Endovascular Treatment of Arteriovenous Malformations and Fistulas - St Anne's College, Oxford, June 21-25, 2016
September 2016 - 47° SIRM (Società Italiana Radiologia Medica) Congress - Mostra d'Oltremare, Naples, September 15-18, 2016
- Muto M, Giurazza F, Ambrosanio G, Vassallo P, Briganti F, Tecame M, Schena E, De Nicola M, Sgreccia A, Giannoni M, Peschillo S, Diana F, Guidetti G, Guarnieri G. Stent‑assisted coiling in ruptured cerebral aneurysms: multi‑center experience in acute phase. Radiol med, Springer Verlag. DOI 10.1007/s11547-016-0686-6. 29 Aug 2016 [Ahead of print].
- Peschillo S, Caporlingua A, Diana F, Caporlingua F, Delfini R. New therapeutic strategies regarding endovascular treatment of glioblastoma, the role of the blood-brain barrier and new ways to bypass it. Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery. BMJ Publishing Group Ltd; 2015 Nov 5;:neurintsurg–2015–012048–7.
- BiraschiF, Diana F, Alesini F, Guidetti G, Peschillo S. Effective ADAPT Thrombectomy in a Patient with Acute Stroke due to Cardiac Papillary Elastofibroma: Histological Thrombus Confirmation. Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2016 Aug 15 [Epub ahead of print].
- Peschillo S. Brain ischemic stroke, from diagnosis to treatment. Bentham Books, 2016 (in press).
Enrollment in the professional register Achievements
2014 - Abilitazione alla professione di Medico-Chirurgo
2014 - Ordine dei Medici, Chirurghi ed Odontoiatri di Caserta
- ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) certificate
- Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera, Instituto Cervantes de Nápoles, Nov 2012, C1